YouTube TV is offering a week of free service in return for ruining the World Cup
During the incredibly tense England vs Croatia World Cup semi-final earlier this week, cable streaming alternative YouTube TV messed up in a big way. The service was down for around an hour, according to YouTube TV's social media help line, causing hundreds of thousands of England fans to miss out on the disappointment of seeing their team eliminated.
Reliability is one of the big concerns that is preventing cable customers from jumping to streaming services, so suffering a prolonged outage during a major sporting event is about the worst thing that could happen to a streaming service. Google is offering more than just thoughts and prayers, however, and in an email to subscribers, it says that it will be giving a week's credit (worth $10 at current prices) to anyone affected.
BGR Top Deals:
- Amazon’s 10 best Prime Deals of the Day on Friday
- A tiny $17 accessory is all you need to speed up your 4K Fire TV or Fire TV Stick
Trending Right Now:
- Did a beloved Avenger just tell us he’s still alive after dying in ‘Infinity War’?
- T-Mobile’s new deal gets you an iPhone for $99 or a Galaxy S8 for $199
- The launch of Samsung’s most innovative phone in years seems locked for 2019
YouTube TV is offering a week of free service in return for ruining the World Cup originally appeared on BGR.com on Fri, 13 Jul 2018 at 17:18:48 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.