YouTube is gone from Amazon Fire TV and Echo Show again, as Google vs Amazon heats up
In a bold strike against Amazon, Google earlier today pulled support for its YouTube app from both the Amazon Echo Show and the Fire TV. If this all sounds familiar, it's because we previously went down a similar road this past September. Back then, Google explained that the Echo Show's implementation of YouTube lacked integral features and created a broken experience for users. YouTube ultimately returned to the Echo Show in late November, though sources familiar with the matter tell TechCrunch that Amazon at the time implemented a workaround that wasn't authorized by Google.
So now we're back to square one, with Echo Show users left unable to access any YouTube content. Fire TV users, meanwhile, will lose access on January 1. In a statement on the matter, Google accused Amazon of refusing to sell certain Google branded products.
BGR Top Deals:
- Amazon’s 2 best-selling Black Friday deals were just bundled together at a deep discount
- This $30 home security cam with 14 days of free cloud storage sells out every time we mention it
Trending Right Now:
- Why did NASA’s rover just find a cannonball on Mars?
- Consumer Reports ranks the iPhone X behind the iPhone 8 and Galaxy S7
- Purported Galaxy S9 specs sheet listed in sketchy leak
YouTube is gone from Amazon Fire TV and Echo Show again, as Google vs Amazon heats up originally appeared on BGR.com on Tue, 5 Dec 2017 at 16:07:25 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.