Your cable company will hate you as much as you hate them after you get this $39 box
Pretty much no one likes his or her cable company. After years of overcharging, terrible customer service, and a wide range of anti-consumer policies, there’s just too much damage to be undone. Many people cut the cable so they don’t have to overpay for TV service anymore, but even then you still have to cough up between $50 and $120 per month for internet service. What you might not realize, however, is that you can easily shave between $8 and $10 off your monthly bill if you buy your own cable modem like the TP-Link TC-7610 DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem, which is on sale right now on Amazon for just $40. Simply set up your new modem and return your old one to your cable company, and they’ll have no choice but to stop charging you up to $120 a year in modem rental fees.
Here are some key details from the product page:
- Eliminate your cable modem monthly rental fee and product is easy-to-open packaging
- Certified for XFINITY from Comcast, Time Warner Cable, Cox, Charter, Cablevision and Bright House Networks
- Channel bonding of up to 8 downstream and 4 upstream channels, provide data rates up to 343Mbps for download and 143Mbps for upload
- DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem provides 8X faster download speed than DOCSIS 2.0 for an ultra-fast performance
- CableLabs certified DOCSIS 3.0 backwards compatible to DOCSIS 1.0, 1.1 and 2.0 provides users comprehensive network compatibility
- Included items: RJ-45 Ethernet Cable, Quick Installation Guide, Power Adapter
- Supports IPv4 and IPv6 - the latest Internet standard.
BGR Top Deals:
- Amazon has MacBook Pro and MacBook Air refurbs at deep discounts
- Fix the Nintendo Switch’s biggest problem with this simple $16 accessory
Trending Right Now:
- Google Maps is almost perfect, so of course Google had to find a way to ruin it
- More evidence all three new iPhones will ditch the feature everyone loves
- Huawei just trolled Samsung hours before its Galaxy Note 9 announcement
Your cable company will hate you as much as you hate them after you get this $39 box originally appeared on BGR.com on Thu, 9 Aug 2018 at 11:56:09 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.