Young people are actually trying to get plastic surgery to up their Snapchat game
There apparently exists, in developed Western countries, a not insignificant number of people so enamored with the way social apps like Snapchat and Instagram make them appear, that these people are going to actual doctors with an actual, serious request: Please make me look more like I do in this Snapchat selfie. If that means plastic surgery, doc -- so be it.
This is real, and it's according to the American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, which in a 2017 survey reported that 55 percent of surgeons were dealing with these kinds of patients. Specifically, with people wanting to go under the knife so they could up their selfie game. That percentage, according to a CNBC report, was also up 13 percent over the previous year.
BGR Top Deals:
- Your cable company will hate you as much as you hate them after you get this $39 box
- Amazon has MacBook Pro and MacBook Air refurbs at deep discounts
Trending Right Now:
- Google Maps is almost perfect, so of course Google had to find a way to ruin it
- Galaxy Note 9: Deal prices from every major wireless carrier and Best Buy
- More evidence all three new iPhones will ditch the feature everyone loves
Young people are actually trying to get plastic surgery to up their Snapchat game originally appeared on BGR.com on Thu, 9 Aug 2018 at 15:24:10 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.