You won’t be able to afford Samsung’s record-setting 30TB SSD
You probably don’t need 30.72TB of fast SSD data at home, but plenty of companies around the world will be excited to hear that Samsung is now ready to manufacture the industry’s largest capacity SSD ever, which also happens to be insanely fast.
Announced on Tuesday, the drive targets enterprise systems, and it’s built on Samsung’s 512Gb V-NAND tech. The company says it offers the “industry-first 1TB NAND flash package, 40GB of DRAM, new controller,” and new software, which will allow it to store some 5,700 5GB movies and only fail every two million hours.
BGR Top Deals:
- This $80 smartwatch lasts for 4 months per charge and works with iPhones or Androids
- Today’s top deals: Best Roku Stick/Fire TV accessory, foldable camera drone, $19 wireless earbuds, more
Trending Right Now:
- New leak reaffirms the worst news we’ve heard about Samsung’s Galaxy S9
- New website tracks Musk’s Tesla Roadster and Starman as they fly through space
- Dog food recall: Here are all the brands and products being withdrawn
You won’t be able to afford Samsung’s record-setting 30TB SSD originally appeared on BGR.com on Tue, 20 Feb 2018 at 17:03:18 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.