You shouldn’t steal $1 million of cable service like this guy, but here’s how to save $120 a year on your bill
Did you see the story a few weeks ago about the Florida man who stole $1 million worth of cable service? We definitely don’t condone crime of any kind, but we can also sort of see where he was coming from. Thankfully, we have some good news: you don’t have to commit a felony or a crime of any other kind to take up to $120 per year right out of your cable provider’s pocket. Just get a TP-Link TC-7610 DOCSIS 3.0 (8x4) Cable Modem on Amazon, activate it with any cable ISP by following the instructions in the box, and then return the cable company modem you have now. You’ll enjoy the same quality internet service but you’ll get it without having to pay between $8 and $10 a month in bogus modem rental fees!
Here’s more info from the product page:
- Eliminate your cable modem monthly rental fee and product is easy-to-open packaging
- Certified for XFINITY from Comcast, Time Warner Cable, Cox, Charter, Cablevision and Bright House Networks
- Channel bonding of up to 8 downstream and 4 upstream channels, provide data rates up to 343Mbps for download and 143Mbps for upload
- DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem provides 8X faster download speed than DOCSIS 2.0 for an ultra-fast performance
- CableLabs certified DOCSIS 3.0 backwards compatible to DOCSIS 1.0, 1.1 and 2.0 provides users comprehensive network compatibility
- Included items: RJ-45 Ethernet Cable, Quick Installation Guide, Power Adapter
- Supports IPv4 and IPv6 - the latest Internet standard.
- Industry-leading 2-year warranty and unlimited 24/7 technical support
BGR Top Deals:
- This $80 smartwatch is better than the Apple Watch Series 4 in four key ways
- Check out this $17 multicolor smart LED bulb before you buy Philips Hue’s $50 bulb
Trending Right Now:
- German retailer lists OnePlus 6T ahead of launch, spills all the remaining secrets
- Marvel star comes to the rescue with a huge ‘Avengers 4’ spoiler
- Apple’s iPhone XR will humiliate the Pixel 3 in speed tests, just like the iPhone XS
You shouldn’t steal $1 million of cable service like this guy, but here’s how to save $120 a year on your bill originally appeared on BGR.com on Wed, 24 Oct 2018 at 12:30:25 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.