You can now bid on Stephen Hawking’s old wheelchair, if that’s your thing
Stephen Hawking, world-famous physicist, writer, and thinker, passed away back in March (on Pi day, no less), but his body of work will live on for a long, long time. As far as scientists go, he was one of the most well-known, so it's probably no surprise that some of his personal effects have found their way to the auction block.
In a Christie's auction that opened today, a number of the late scientist's possessions are available to the highest bidder. There are a number of interesting items, including Hawking's personal script for the episode of The Simpsons in which he was featured, as well as some awards he won and a bomber jacket that he owned. There's also a wheelchair.
BGR Top Deals:
- This $30 Alexa ready LED light strip is a great alternative to the $90 Philip Hue version
- Bose’s newest earbuds claim to help you sleep better – and people say they actually work
Trending Right Now:
- Samsung and Huawei both just lost the race to unveil the first phone with a foldable screen
- Walmart’s early Black Friday deals are now live
- New details leak about the first ‘Avengers 4’ trailer
You can now bid on Stephen Hawking’s old wheelchair, if that’s your thing originally appeared on BGR.com on Wed, 31 Oct 2018 at 22:05:02 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.