Yep, Elon Musk is serious about taking Tesla private for $420 a share
Earlier today, Elon Musk caused a stock market freakout (and a suspension on trading Tesla's stock) when he tweeted that he's considering a plan to take Tesla private for $420 a share. The market sat ina vacuum of information following the tweets, but a few hours later, an email posted to Tesla's website shows that Musk is deadly serious.
Tesla posted an email that Musk sent to employees earlier today, outlining his proposal and explaining how the company's structure would work. Notably absent is any details about where the funding would come from to take the company private:
BGR Top Deals:
- You can still get a 4K Fire TV for the same price as a Fire TV Stick right now
- Today’s top deals: 128GB SanDisk microSD for $31, $170 air fryer for $64, best robot vacuum, more
Trending Right Now:
- Samsung sure doesn’t seem confident the Galaxy Note 9 will be a hot seller
- There’s one more beloved Marvel character who did not die in ‘Infinity War’
- This is how Samsung plans to justify the Galaxy Note 9’s sky-high price tag
Yep, Elon Musk is serious about taking Tesla private for $420 a share originally appeared on BGR.com on Tue, 7 Aug 2018 at 15:49:25 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.