Xbox One October update rolling out now with avatars, Dolby Vision, and more
Ever since the Xbox One launched in 2013, fans of the platform have been asking about avatars. Xbox Avatars never quite caught on like the Nintendo's Mii avatars did, but they were popular enough on Xbox 360 to prompt the team to enhance them for the next generation console. Microsoft has been teasing their return for months, but on Thursday, the company announced they are rolling out now as part of the October dashboard update.
As we've noted before, the new Xbox Avatars are far more customizable and expressive than the 360 versions. It was vitally important to Microsoft that everyone would be represented in digital form, which is why you can change virtually anything about your avatar, from skin color to clothing to hair style to mood.
BGR Top Deals:
- Amazon sale slashes $55 noise cancelling headphones to just $43
- The Instant Pot with 23,000 5-star reviews was just discounted again on Amazon
Trending Right Now:
- Samsung is already trolling the Pixel 3 XL’s ugly notch
- New leak may reveal Apple’s completely overhauled iPad Pro design ahead of launch
- The iPhone XR could be far more important to Apple than we realized
Xbox One October update rolling out now with avatars, Dolby Vision, and more originally appeared on BGR.com on Thu, 11 Oct 2018 at 19:08:33 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.