Xbox boss Phil Spencer weighs in on Sony not supporting ‘Fortnite’ console cross-play
One of the most genuinely exciting occurrences of this console generation has been seeing Nintendo and Microsoft put aside their differences to make cross-play on games like Rocket League, Minecraft, and now Fortnite possible. It has been equally frustrating to watch Sony resist this change, and that frustration came to a head at E3 this week as thousands of Switch owners who had previously played Fortnite on a PS4 discovered that they would be unable to carry over their progress if they had already linked their Epic account to a PlayStation Network account.
While the PS4 version of Fortnite does support cross-play on PC, Mac, and mobile devices, Sony seems to have no interest in working out a deal with Nintendo or Microsoft to make console cross-play a reality as well. In an interview with Giant Bomb’s Jeff Gerstmann at E3 this week, Phil Spencer, Head of Xbox, weighed in.
BGR Top Deals:
- Your cable company will hate you so much when you get this $40 box
- One of the most comfortable bed pillows on Amazon is on sale at an all-time low
Trending Right Now:
- New Galaxy S10 leak sheds more light on Samsung’s most exciting phone in years
- New report brings awful news about Samsung’s mysterious Galaxy X smartphone
- A bug’s life was cut short when it met its doom, twice, 100 million years ago
Xbox boss Phil Spencer weighs in on Sony not supporting ‘Fortnite’ console cross-play originally appeared on BGR.com on Thu, 14 Jun 2018 at 17:26:22 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.