The upcoming reboot Ocean's 8 won't be out until this summer, but it appears that someone took inspiration from the series this week as $6 million in gaming chips went missing from the Wynn Macau casino in China. Macau police tell CNNMoney that a dealer from the casino and a potential accomplice have already been arrested, but the hunt for the chips continues as the Wynn Macau attempts to recoup its losses.
Opened in 2006, the Wynn Macau is one of the premier gaming houses in a territory that has become synonymous with gambling. Revenue from gambling in Macau nearly tripled that of Las Vegas in 2016, making it arguably the top gambling destination on the planet. So you can see why security would be at a premium.
BGR Top Deals:
- You’re running out of time to get Amazon’s most popular AirPods rivals for just $20
- How to cut the cord without losing live network TV or your DVR
Trending Right Now:
- Samsung found a way to kill the iPhone X notch, but Apple already has a better solution
- A new asteroid was discovered just seven hours before cruising past Earth
- Google’s secret OS that may someday replace Android was just caught on video
Wynn casino heist: $6 million in chips allegedly stolen by a dealer and an accomplice originally appeared on BGR.com on Fri, 19 Jan 2018 at 14:21:09 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.