World’s top Apple insider just revealed two unreleased iPhone X models
The biggest mystery surrounding Apple's upcoming new 2018 iPhone lineup might soon end up being what Apple intends to name its new phones, since most other details seem to have already been revealed.
Apple's tenth-anniversary iPhone X model is a complete reimagining of the iPhone, both in terms of design and user experience. The iconic home button was eliminated, and a brilliant feat of engineering allowed Apple to stretch the screen all the way to the bottom of the iPhone X's face. The lack of home button also meant Apple had to rethink navigation on the iPhone X, so a series of gestures and animations provide a new user experience that many Apple fans have praised. Touch ID was also removed from the iPhone X, having been replaced by a complex 3D facial recognition solution called Face ID.
Despite all of those changes — and the fact that the iPhone X is the first redesigned iPhone since 2014 — analysts believe that sales of the new phone will fail to meet expectations. That may be bad news for Apple, but there's a silver lining: Not one but two larger versions of the iPhone X will debut in 2018, according to the world's top Apple insider.
BGR Top Deals:
- ‘Amazon’s Choice’ robot vacuum just dropped to its lowest price ever
- Today’s best deals: Crock-Pot for $15, Vizio soundbar, $22 Bluetooth earbuds, life-sized Porg, more
Trending Right Now:
- Samsung found a way to kill the iPhone X notch, but Apple already has a better solution
- Google’s secret OS that may someday replace Android was just caught on video
- T-Mobile calls out other networks’ 5G ‘hype,’ but it’s the worst of all
World’s top Apple insider details two larger versions of the iPhone X launching this year originally appeared on BGR.com on Fri, 19 Jan 2018 at 10:36:56 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.