World’s hottest pepper ruins man’s life for a week
Depending on who you are and your tolerance for hot foods, eating a super hot pepper can either be a briefly painful but overall enjoyable experience, or it can make you hate your life for a while. For one 34-year-old man, taking on the famed Carolina Reaper — the world's hottest pepper, according to the Guinness Book of World Records — resulted in something far, far worse.
The man was taking part in a pepper eating contest when he consumed the incredibly hot veggie, and it wasn't long before things started to go south. He began dry heaving, which isn't exactly uncommon in the world of hot pepper eating, but soon felt a sharp pain in his neck which eventually took over his entire head. He was experiencing what is known as a "thunderclap headache," and the pepper wasn't done with him yet.
BGR Top Deals:
- Oops! Amazon mistake gets you a Kindle Paperwhite for $40 if you hurry
- Amazon has a $40 Apple Watch accessory you’ll wonder how you ever lived without
Trending Right Now:
- It sure looks like we’re getting three new iPhones this year
- All the ways fans wish Apple would fix iOS 11 and improve the iPhone X
- SNL sketch scorches Mark Zuckerberg in hilarious ‘Weekend Update’ segment
World’s hottest pepper ruins man’s life for a week originally appeared on BGR.com on Tue, 10 Apr 2018 at 11:02:22 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.