Woman gets $284 billion electric bill because the world is a cruel, cruel place
The holidays are supposed to be the time of the year when you reflect on all the good things in your life. Spending time with family, eating lots of good food, and catching a few days off of work are enough to put a smile on anyone's face, but one Pennsylvania woman's December glee turned to misery when she unwrapped a nasty gift from her electric company in the form of a $284 billion bill.
Yes, you ready that correctly. Mary Horomanski of Erie, Pennsylvania, logged in to her online utility account to discover a balance of $284,460,000,000. That's not just enough to put a damper a holiday gift-buying, it's also enough to put a dozen or so generations of the Horomanski family into inescapable debt. Tis' the season!
BGR Top Deals:
- $19 device doubles the speed of your Fire TV or Chromecast
- This popular Nighthawk model just overtook Google Wifi as Amazon’s best-selling router
Trending Right Now:
- This Face ID issue will make you regret the iPhone X’s lack of Touch ID
- These truly wireless earbuds are like AirPods, but they cost $40 instead of $159
- Stunning MacBook Touch concept shows off the hybrid machine Apple will never make
Woman gets $284 billion electric bill because the world is a cruel, cruel place originally appeared on BGR.com on Mon, 25 Dec 2017 at 15:37:59 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.