With content costs soaring, Netflix plans to raise $2 billion in debt
With each passing month, Netflix continues to pump out new content at breakneck speed. At this pace, it's literally impossible to keep abreast of and keep up with all of the new shows that pop up on Netflix every few weeks. As a prime example, Netflix in September alone rolled out 52 new original shows and movies.
Developing and acquiring new content naturally comes at quite a cost. To this point, Netflix a few months ago indicated that it anticipates spending as much as $8 billion on content in 2018, a figure that includes expenditures for new content and the licensing of existing third-party content. With Netflix spending an insane amount of money on content, the streaming giant recently announced that it plans to raise about $2 billion in debt in order to help fund its ambitious content plans.
BGR Top Deals:
- This best-selling $38 security camera has features a $200 Nest Cam can’t even dream of
- Holy moly, Instant Pot makes a sous vide cooker!
Trending Right Now:
- A Marvel star just dropped a huge ‘Avengers 4’ spoiler
- Pixel 3 XL vs. iPhone XS Max speed test results are pretty embarrassing
- Renders show off Apple’s completely new iPad Pro design ahead of next week’s event
With content costs soaring, Netflix plans to raise $2 billion in debt originally appeared on BGR.com on Mon, 22 Oct 2018 at 19:06:34 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.