Will we even recognize alien life when we see it? NASA isn’t so sure
Decades of science fiction movies, tv shows, and video games have led us to believe that when we spot another planet that has life we're going to know it right away. It'll look a lot like Earth, the movies tell us, and even if the colors are slightly different, there will be no mistaking it from a distance. Unfortunately for NASA, the reality is a whole lot more complicated.
In a new article, along with a handful of research papers, NASA asks the very important question of what exactly a life-supporting planet will look like from afar. As it turns out, detecting alien life on another planet is probably going to be a complicated, inexact science, even with the latest telescope technology.
BGR Top Deals:
- Today only: Prime Day just came early for one of Amazon’s most popular Instant Pots
- Turn your iPad Pro into an iOS-powered MacBook with this awesome accessory
Trending Right Now:
- We finally know how Disney chose which Avengers to kill in Infinity War
- A major Google Maps redesign is rolling out to everyone right now
- Secret settings hidden in your Android phone will make it feel twice as fast
Will we even recognize alien life when we see it? NASA isn’t so sure originally appeared on BGR.com on Wed, 27 Jun 2018 at 07:45:36 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.