Will the most exciting Galaxy phone of 2018 copy iPhone screen tech from 2015?
Samsung is expected to release three flagship smartphones this year, including the “boring” Galaxy S9, the Galaxy Note 9, and the first-generation Galaxy X. The latter isn’t some sort of iPhone X rival that Samsung just came up with. It’ll be Samsung’s first foldable smartphone and it has been featured in several reports well before Apple’s iPhone X unveiling.
The Galaxy X may turn out to be Samsung’s most exciting flagship of the year, at least when it comes to design. The Galaxy S9 will be a “boring” update design-wise, and the Galaxy Note 9 may have a similar fate, considering the current state of Galaxy rumors. The Galaxy X, however, will do something no other Galaxy phone can do, and that’s offer users a screen that can fold like a wallet. That way, the phone can transition from a compact mode to a tablet mode. If Samsung gets it right, the Galaxy X may be the first smartphone-sized device that can transform into a tablet whenever more screen real estate is needed.
BGR Top Deals:
- There’s a way to have a Super NES Classic in your hands by next week
- Popular Bluetooth earbuds from Anker are just $19 today on Amazon
Trending Right Now:
- The Galaxy S9 chip that will let Samsung copy the iPhone X is official
- Scientists are developing self-healing robot muscles that work just like our own
- Marlboro maker Philip Morris just said it’s done with cigarettes
Will the most exciting Galaxy phone of 2018 copy iPhone screen tech from 2015? originally appeared on BGR.com on Fri, 5 Jan 2018 at 13:43:37 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.