Samsung is expected to release three flagship smartphones this year, including the “boring” Galaxy S9, the Galaxy Note 9, and the first-generation Galaxy X. The latter isn’t some sort of iPhone X rival that Samsung just came up with. It’ll be Samsung’s first foldable smartphone and it has been featured in several reports well before Apple’s iPhone X unveiling.
The Galaxy X may turn out to be Samsung’s most exciting flagship of the year, at least when it comes to design. The Galaxy S9 will be a “boring” update design-wise, and the Galaxy Note 9 may have a similar fate, considering the current state of Galaxy rumors. The Galaxy X, however, will do something no other Galaxy phone can do, and that’s offer users a screen that can fold like a wallet. That way, the phone can transition from a compact mode to a tablet mode. If Samsung gets it right, the Galaxy X may be the first smartphone-sized device that can transform into a tablet whenever more screen real estate is needed.
BGR Top Deals:
- There’s a way to have a Super NES Classic in your hands by next week
- Popular Bluetooth earbuds from Anker are just $19 today on Amazon
Trending Right Now:
- The Galaxy S9 chip that will let Samsung copy the iPhone X is official
- Scientists are developing self-healing robot muscles that work just like our own
- Marlboro maker Philip Morris just said it’s done with cigarettes
Will the most exciting Galaxy phone of 2018 copy iPhone screen tech from 2015? originally appeared on BGR.com on Fri, 5 Jan 2018 at 13:43:37 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.