Will Ferrell returned to host Saturday Night Live for the first time since 2012 this past weekend, lifting the show to its highest ratings since last May. But despite Ferrell having been one of the most popular and successful cast members in the show's history, the writers opted not to rehash his beloved sketches or reintroduce his silliest characters. There was no Celebrity Jeopardy!, yelling at kids to get off the shed or even a single cowbell.
What we did get was the return of Will Ferrell's George W. Bush impression for the cold open at the beginning of the episode. Bush was possibly Ferrell's most famous impression of all, so it only made sense to have him return to the stage to comment on the Trump presidency, which has significantly elevated his approval ratings.
BGR Top Deals:
- Today’s best deals: $21 off Nest, best-selling Crock-Pot for $35, All-new Fire TV, $64 soundbar, more
- Ultra-thin ‘TV Key’ gets you free live TV in HD without an ugly antenna on your window
Trending Right Now:
- New leak might’ve revealed Galaxy S9 pricing and release details
- Turn your living room into a real home theater with this 4K projector and 100″ screen
- A refurbished iPhone 7 is the definitely the best smartphone you can get for $380
Will Ferrell revived his Bush impression on SNL to remind us that Bush was awful originally appeared on BGR.com on Mon, 29 Jan 2018 at 22:04:27 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.