It's only the first day of CES 2018 in Vegas, but already a definite trend is emerging: AX Wi-Fi routers. The new standard, 802.11ax, is the next big evolution in Wi-Fi. It handles multiple devices -- like all your smart-home gadgets -- much better than existing routers, and also has a headline-grabbing top speed of 6,000Mbps, about 300 times faster than the average home internet speed.
D-Link and Asus have already unveiled 802.11ax routers at CES this year, and you can expect to see more routers, as well as devices that can handle the speed, announced as the show goes on.
BGR Top Deals:
- This $27 box is all cord cutters need to record live TV without a cable company’s DVR
- These 25 delicious slow cooker recipes taste even better in this discounted Crock-Pot
Trending Right Now:
- NASA’s Juno just sent back a photo of Jupiter that looks too insane to be real
- The 10 most exciting announcements so far from CES 2018
- Apple’s iPhone X was just called one of 2017’s ‘biggest, baddest hardware failures’