Why the new iPhone Xs and Xr are a particularly big deal for T-Mobile
In case you hadn't heard, Apple announced three new iPhones today. The iPhone Xs, iPhone Xs Max, and iPhone Xr are undoubtedly "the most incredible smartphones ever created," as Tim Cook and his band of merry execs spent nearly two hours explaining to us today.
But for one US carrier, the 2018 crop of iPhones is particularly significant. They're the first that support LTE band 71, the 600MHz frequency that T-Mobile is using to build out its network. With most Android flagships from the last year already supporting band 71, Apple joining the party was the final piece that T-Mobile needed to start moving towards widespread compatibility with its new network.
BGR Top Deals:
- Save $95 on the most affordable Roomba that works with Alexa and Google
- Today’s best deals: Beats Solo3, $21 Wi-Fi extender, Alexa ready Roomba, Philips wake up light, more
Trending Right Now:
- Here’s what bothers me most about the ending of ‘Avengers: Infinity War’
- Google has some serious plans in store for its Pixel 3 launch
- ‘Avengers 4’ spoiler says undoing the ‘Infinity War’ deaths is going to bring serious heartbreak
Why the new iPhone Xs and Xr are a particularly big deal for T-Mobile originally appeared on BGR.com on Wed, 12 Sep 2018 at 20:00:03 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.