Why on Earth did I wait so long to disable Siri on my iPhone X?
I've never really been a fan of voice assistants. I test solutions like Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant often since staying current on their capabilities is part of my job. But personally, I simply haven't found much use for them. I type out searches on my phone or computer when I want answers to questions, I use things like presence and automation to control most of my smart home devices, and I make purchases the old-fashioned way: with a website or a mobile app. I'm not suggesting I'm in the majority, I'm just saying voice assistants aren't my thing.
Perhaps my ambivalence toward this tech stems from my early experiences. I'm an iPhone user, so Siri on the iPhone 4S marked the first time I made any effort to embrace a voice assistant. Like many other people who used Siri when it was a newly launched beta on the iPhone 4S in 2010, I was not impressed. Siri didn't work well at all back then, and after a few months of consistent Siri fails, I gave up for the most part.
BGR Top Deals:
- I’ll never go back to watching TV without this $14 accessory
- Today’s top deals: $12 smart bulb, pannable home camera, $14 Bluetooth earbuds, $41 juicer, more
Trending Right Now:
- The Galaxy S9 chip that will let Samsung copy the iPhone X is official
- Galaxy Note 8, S8 users report that their screens are waking up on their own
- Marlboro maker Philip Morris just said it’s done with cigarettes
Why on Earth did I wait so long to disable Siri on my iPhone X? originally appeared on BGR.com on Thu, 4 Jan 2018 at 12:03:08 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.