White Castle now sells a veggie burger that looks like meat and bleeds when you bite it
Vegan meat substitutes have come a long way in the past decade or so, dramatically improving in taste accuracy and texture, but discerning carnivores can usually still tell the difference. A new player in this space, Impossible Foods, promised to revolutionize vegan meat-alikes with what it calls the Impossible Burger, and after navigating the FDA minefield last year and rolling out to a few restaurant chains, it's now ready for the spotlight. Today, the Impossible Burger will be available White Castle restaurants across the United States in the form of the Impossible Slider, a $1.99 sandwich with zero actual meat.
The burger itself is a highly scientific amalgamation of wheat, coconut oil, potato protein, soy, and a handful of other ingredients. It all comes together to form a patty that is remarkably meat-like in appearance, and even "bleeds" when you bite into it. Welcome to the future.
BGR Top Deals:
- New smartwatch has 45-day battery life and costs less than $100 vs. the $330+ Apple Watch
- This little $35 box will always be your cable company’s worst nightmare
Trending Right Now:
- Ever wonder why you have eyebrows? Scientists think they now have the answer
- New study has a theory for why we haven’t found aliens yet, and it makes a whole lot of sense
- 5 ways this iOS 12 concept would make the iPhone X better
White Castle now sells a veggie burger that looks like meat and bleeds when you bite it originally appeared on BGR.com on Thu, 12 Apr 2018 at 10:39:08 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.