Android and iOS have been doing battle ever since 2008, and in that time, there have been some long-running problems with both operating systems. The iPhone's notification system is a mess, Android took way too long to put a battery percentage on the status bar -- oh, and Android's upgrade system is a complete and utter mess.
While most of the problems that blighted both OSes at launch have been fixed by now, Android's "fragmentation" issue -- the fact that most Android phones are running different versions of Android, and new updates are incredibly slow to roll out -- has only become worse with time.
BGR Top Deals:
- If you upgraded from an old iPhone to an iPhone X or 8, get this $13 accessory
- This $19 device gives your Fire TV a huge speed boost
Trending Right Now:
- After years of copying the iPhone, Samsung’s Galaxy S9 will finally copy Apple’s smartest strategy
- Early iMac Pro reviews are in and the machine is an absolute monster
- Google’s new photography apps for iOS and Android use AI to do things other apps can’t