Waymo CEO: About that accident last month – it was the human’s fault
Waymo CEO John Krafcik has posted something of an apology on Medium about an accident last month in Mountain View involving a passenger car and a vehicle from Waymo, which just got permission to start testing self-driving cars in California. The accident occurred when a passenger car started drifting into the lane occupied by the Waymo car, at which point a safety driver in the latter took over to avoid a collision. In shifting the Waymo car over into the right lane, however, its rear bumper hit a motorcyclist who the Waymo safety driver didn't see.
The gist of Krafcik's Medium post: The human should have let the car do its thing, because the car would have been able to spot the motorcyclist and course-correct.
BGR Top Deals:
- The best-selling surround sound system on Amazon is down to its lowest price ever, today only
- This new LED light strip is just like the Philips Hue’s $90 model, but it costs $24
Trending Right Now:
- A new ‘Captain Marvel’ revelation supports the most heartbreaking ‘Avengers 4’ theory
- Samsung has a huge Galaxy Note 9 and Galaxy S9 deal ahead of Black Friday
- Google confirmed that it’s working to fix one of the Pixel 3’s biggest problems
Waymo CEO: About that accident last month – it was the human’s fault originally appeared on BGR.com on Tue, 6 Nov 2018 at 22:05:03 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.