Thirteen years ago, Pixar released a superhero movie. The Incredibles wasn't expected to make as big of a splash as Toy Story 2 or Finding Nemo, but audiences were intrigued, and it went on to become one of the highest-grossing and highest-rated animated films of all time. The final moments of the film seemed to set up a sequel, but despite director Brad Bird saying that he would be willing to return to the franchise, The Incredibles went dark for over a decade.
Then, on Saturday morning, a teaser trailer dropped. Bird announced back in 2015 that the Incredibles sequel would be his next film after Tomorrowland, but we had to see it to believe it. Below, we finally have proof that Incredibles 2 exists, and it will hit theaters in summer of 2018, seemingly picking up right where the first left off.
BGR Top Deals:
- The $40 box your cable company hates should be your Christmas gift to yourself
- Bose just launched a huge Black Friday sale on Amazon
Trending Right Now:
- Italian surgeon who is definitely not a supervillain says he just completed the first human head transplant
- NASA’s Juno snaps gorgeous photo of Jupiter that you won’t believe is real
- 8 new movie trailers you need to watch from this past week
Watch the long-awaited first trailer for Pixar’s ‘Incredibles 2’ right here originally appeared on BGR.com on Sat, 18 Nov 2017 at 11:43:34 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.