In the middle of last year, Elon Musk announced that he had "verbal government approval" to build a Washington DC to New York City Hyperloop that would shuttle passengers between the two cities in just 29 minutes.
The plan was classic Musk-level audacity, but one thing that was also quintessentially Musk was the lack of details. "Verbal government approval" doesn't mean much, and without any hard plans or route guidance to go off, most people filed the plan away in the Things Elon Says drawer.
BGR Top Deals:
- It’s crazy how much better the Fire TV Stick and Roku Stick are with this simple $20 accessory
- A mattress topper that basically turns any bed into a cloud is Amazon’s deal of the day
Trending Right Now:
- Dog food recall: Here are all the brands and products being withdrawn
- Latest leak may have uncovered the Galaxy S9’s most exciting secret
- Jupiter’s Great Red Spot may be dying, and could disappear within our lifetimes
Washington DC has given Elon Musk a permit for his Hyperloop originally appeared on BGR.com on Mon, 19 Feb 2018 at 20:00:16 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.