We're still in the first half of January which means there's still lots and lots of people holding true to their New Year's resolutions to lose a few pounds in time for summer. Accomplishing that lofty goal can be a real challenge, especially if you have a sweet tooth, but new research suggests that calming your sugar cravings might be as simple as getting a bit more sleep.
The study was relatively small in scale — only 42 adults participated in it — but the results are actually quite interesting. Researchers split the volunteers into two groups and trained one of the groups in best practices for sleep. Their goal was to extend each volunteer's nightly rest by up 1.5 hours. The second group received no such guidance, and both groups were asked to record their sleep and diet habits for a full week.
BGR Top Deals:
- Super NES Classic is in stock at a premium right now on Amazon – with Prime shipping
- Today’s best deals: Nest Thermostat, Philips Hue, $12 Alexa bulb, Ring Video Doorbell, Crock-Pot, more
Trending Right Now:
- Samsung just confirmed exactly when the Galaxy S9 will launch
- This iPhone X deal is too good to turn down, T-Mobile customer or not
- Sprint customers are about to get a very unpleasant bill hike
Want to lose weight? Science says you should just sleep more originally appeared on BGR.com on Wed, 10 Jan 2018 at 13:19:03 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.