Walmart is jumping on the crypto bandwagon with two blockchain patents
While the majority of the world is having fun watching Bitcoin go up and down faster than a yo-yo, companies are scrambling to get in on the craze. In some cases, that just means announcing a "pivot to Bitcoin" and watching your company die; in other instances, it means taking the underlying technology of blockchain and applying it to conventional retail.
The blockchain is a "distributed ledger" that powers cryptocurrencies. It's key to the decentralized nature of cryptocurrencies, as it enables everyone to keep track of who owns what, but you're not relying on one centralized database or an individual to be the banker.
BGR Top Deals:
- Amazon’s big one-day Roku sale drops 3 models to their lowest prices of 2018
- Amazon sale drops a popular $200 robot vacuum to just $80
Trending Right Now:
- There’s no way Apple can convince me to pay $1,000 for a new iPhone X this year
- The Galaxy S9 is definitely no match for Apple’s latest iPhones
- AT&T is launching a $15-a-month TV streaming service, but there’s a big catch
Walmart is jumping on the crypto bandwagon with two blockchain patents originally appeared on BGR.com on Sun, 22 Apr 2018 at 12:00:17 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.