Volvo is making a true ‘Autopilot’ that’ll let you eat, sleep, or watch movies – coming in 3 years
Self-driving cars have gone from DARPA project to roaming our streets much faster than anyone predicted, but if you bring the topic up with a grouchy truck nuts-owning uncle, the response is probably going to be "Yeah, but when can I buy one?"
Volvo is making a more concrete (and realistic!) pledge than most of its competitors: to have a Level 4 autonomous car in showrooms, buyable and usable, by 2021. Level 4 doesn't mean full autonomy, but what it does mean is that you can have the bulk of your commute completely automated.
BGR Top Deals:
- $17 is all it takes to add wireless charging to Apple’s older iPhone models
- Today is your last day to get Amazon’s best-selling wireless headphones at their lowest price ever
Trending Right Now:
- Kiwi might be the perfect mobile browser and I’m so jealous it’s not on the iPhone
- This is why Sprint’s upload speeds are so much worse than everyone else
- Police are arresting tourists for taking selfies with Hawaii’s Mt. Kilauea eruption
Volvo is making a true ‘Autopilot’ that’ll let you eat, sleep, or watch movies – coming in 3 years originally appeared on BGR.com on Sun, 24 Jun 2018 at 14:42:41 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.