While the likes of LG, Samsung and Sony stole the spotlight on Monday at CES 2018, HTC sneaked in a surprise announcement of its own before the day was over. The VR headset you see in the image at the top of this post is the Vive Pro -- an upgraded head-mounted display from HTC featuring dual-OLED displays with a combined resolution of 2880 x 1600, a redesigned headstrap and integrated headphones with a built-in amplifier.
While the Vive is arguably the most advanced VR HMD on the market, it's also undoubtedly one of the most unwieldy and uncomfortable. Therefore, it's no surprise to learn that the updated headstrap was built with comfort in mind, and the included sizing dial will keep the headset from being weighed down at the front.
BGR Top Deals:
- These 25 delicious slow cooker recipes taste even better in this discounted Crock-Pot
- This $27 box is all cord cutters need to record live TV without a cable company’s DVR
Trending Right Now:
- The 10 most exciting announcements so far from CES 2018
- NASA’s Juno just sent back a photo of Jupiter that looks too insane to be real
- Groundbreaking new studies suggest the presence of a fourth dimension
Vive Pro is the high-resolution upgrade VR fans have been waiting for originally appeared on BGR.com on Tue, 9 Jan 2018 at 11:53:57 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.