Tesla is unabashedly obsessed with raw acceleration, which is why the company can't help but boast about 0-60 times even on its lineup of luxury vehicles like the Model X. Looking ahead, Tesla is poised to up the ante as is recently unveiled next-gen Roadster will likely become the fastest production car on the planet, with Tesla touting a 0-60 time of just 1.9 seconds flat. Interestingly enough, even Tesla's Model 3 -- which is admittedly no speed demon -- seems to jump off the line faster than initially thought.
For the record, the advertised 0-60 time on the Model 3 clocks in between 5.1 and 5.6 seconds. Recently, though, videos depicting the Model 3 going full throttle reveals that Tesla's mass market EV can go from 0-60 in well under 5 seconds. In a video put together by DragTimes, we see a Tesla Model 3 on the first go-around reaching 60 MPH in just 4.9 seconds, while also posting a quarter-mile time of 13.6 seconds. On the second go-around, with the battery a bit warmed up, the Model 3 posts a 0-60 time of 4.66 seconds and a quarter-mile time of 13.3 seconds.
BGR Top Deals:
- This $27 box is all cord cutters need to record live TV without a cable company’s DVR
- These 25 delicious slow cooker recipes taste even better in this discounted Crock-Pot
Trending Right Now:
- NASA’s Juno just sent back a photo of Jupiter that looks too insane to be real
- Melting glaciers aren’t just causing sea levels to rise – they’re causing the ocean floor to sink
- The 10 most exciting announcements so far from CES 2018
Video shows the Model 3’s 0-60 time is even faster than Tesla says originally appeared on BGR.com on Mon, 8 Jan 2018 at 22:01:08 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.