Verizon stops selling the Pixel 2 days ahead of Google’s Pixel 3 event
With less that a week to go before Google unveils the Pixel 3 and Pixel 3 XL phones at a press event in NYC, Verizon has stopped selling the Pixel 2 on its website. Droid Life was among the first to discover the change on Thursday, and a quick peek at the Internet Archive shows that both Just Black and Clearly White models of the 5-inch phone were available as late as September 27th. Now the Pixel 2 doesn't even appear in search results.
It's unclear if this is permanent, as Google hasn't made any announcements regarding the Pixel 2 being discontinued, but it's possible that the Pixel 2 will not be offered as a cheaper alternative to the Pixel 3 once the new phone arrives later this month. That said, the Pixel 2 XL is still up on Verizon's website at the moment.
BGR Top Deals:
- This $18 color smart LED bulb works with Alexa and Google, just like Philips Hue’s $50 bulb
- Amazon’s best-selling home security camera is only $26, and it’s better than a $199 Nest Cam
Trending Right Now:
- See the OnePlus 6T in-display fingerprint sensor in action in new teaser video
- This $80 smartwatch beats Apple’s $1,000 watch in three important ways
- Once again, T-Mobile has the fastest network, according to Ookla
Verizon stops selling the Pixel 2 days ahead of Google’s Pixel 3 event originally appeared on BGR.com on Thu, 4 Oct 2018 at 16:59:33 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.