Verizon says tax cut won’t increase network investment
Donald Trump's big tax cut bill was, according to the White House, supposed to drive investment and jobs in America. Cut corporate taxes, so the theory goes, and companies will be more willing to invest money in capital and infrastructure, creating jobs and boosting the economy.
But despite the very public pleading of some telecoms companies, it seems like the tax cuts might not be the driver of investment that the GOP promised. At an investment conference recently, Verizon CTO Hans Vestberg told attendees that the company doesn't plan to accelerate any of its investment thanks to tax cuts.
BGR Top Deals:
- Today’s top deals: $12 Alexa smart bulb, Nest Thermostat, Sony soundbar, perfect egg cooker, more
- 8 paid iPhone apps on sale for free right now
Trending Right Now:
- Another new feature was just confirmed for the Galaxy S9
- Warming oceans are pushing poisonous sea snakes towards the United States
- Disney just explained some of the biggest secrets in ‘Star Wars: The Last Jedi’
Verizon says tax cut won’t increase network investment originally appeared on BGR.com on Thu, 11 Jan 2018 at 22:36:09 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.