Verizon is finally putting its terrible streaming service out to pasture
Traditional cable companies are struggling mightily with the transition to cord-cutting, but no company seems to be struggling more than Verizon. The telecoevery ms giant was one of the first to recognise that the world was shifting to the internet, but every decision sounds like it's being made by people who have only ever experienced the internet as a series of PowerPoint slides delivered by a very expensive consultant.
It made multi-billion-dollar takeovers of AOL and Yahoo -- brands known respectively for providing email scams to seniors and for leaking billions of customer accounts -- and now Go90, its very public and very expensive millenial-friendly online streaming service, is dying a long-awaited death.
BGR Top Deals:
- Today’s best deals: Awesome air fryer, return of the $10 Crock-Pot, $4 iPhone X case, $15 router, more
- The greatest Nintendo Labo kit that will ever exist is now up for preorder for $20
Trending Right Now:
- The most innovative new Samsung phone in years might have a serious challenger
- Microsoft just pulled the coolest new Windows 10 feature from its beta
- One more Avenger who died in ‘Infinity War’ is getting a new standalone movie
Verizon is finally putting its terrible streaming service out to pasture originally appeared on BGR.com on Fri, 29 Jun 2018 at 17:34:59 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.