Undercover report details how Ticketmaster is shadier than you could possibly imagine
Ticketmaster is one of the few companies that can compete with Comcast or payday lenders in the stakes to be America's most-hated company, and a new report really isn't going to help. Canada's CBC sent a pair of investigative journalists to a ticketing industry conference in Las Vegas earlier this year, and what they discovered is legitimately breath-taking.
In short, the CBC journalists -- who posed as small ticket scalpers -- found that Ticketmaster actively (but privately) encourages reselling and supports resellers who use its site, both by failing to investigate fake identities or bot accounts, and by creating ticket inventory and selling systems to make the process more efficient. While Ticketmaster publicly rails against scalpers, its sales team privately courts the business, which has a huge and measurable benefit to Ticketmaster's bottom line.
BGR Top Deals:
- These Bluetooth headphones have 6,700 5-star reviews, and they’re on sale for just $19.99
- I can’t even use my AirPods anymore without this $12 accessory
Trending Right Now:
- iOS 12 just fixed the most annoying thing about the iPhone X
- Samsung accidentally leaked four different versions of the Galaxy S10
- Leaked OnePlus 6T image suggests one of the rumors floating around was wrong
Undercover report details how Ticketmaster is shadier than you could possibly imagine originally appeared on BGR.com on Wed, 19 Sep 2018 at 23:34:16 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.