Uh-oh, NOAA’s brand new weather satellite is already broken
Remember that awesomely powerful new weather satellite that delivered this really cool lightning-tracking video earlier this week? Yeah, so, funny story, it might already be busted. In a bulletin released by the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), the group explains how its brand new weather tracking tool, GOES-17, has developed a serious problem with its cooling system.
According to the bulletin, the satellite’s cooling system “did not start up properly during the in-orbit checkout,” and considering how vital the cooling system is to the overall function and longevity of the satellite that’s a serious problem.
BGR Top Deals:
- Please get this $5 accessory so your $159 AirPods sound 10 times better
- The Apple Watch Series 1 is so much cheaper on Amazon than it is from Apple
Trending Right Now:
- Yup, Apple is going to crush every Android phone once again with the iPhone X Plus
- This could be the first major next-gen iPhone X leak
- If Apple made a car, this is how it would have done it
Uh-oh, NOAA’s brand new weather satellite is already broken originally appeared on BGR.com on Thu, 24 May 2018 at 14:50:47 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.