Uber just ordered 24,000 self-driving cars from Volvo
Uber's long term goal has always been to disrupt humans out of existence, and replace its fleet of man-piloted 2010 Mazda 3s with something a little more modern. That plan got an additional boost today with the news that Uber has entered into an agreement with Volvo to buy up to 24,000 self-driving cars from the automobile manufacturer.
With delivery of thousands of cars scheduled to start in 2019, that gives us a firm date for when Uber plans to deploy self-driving cars as a widespread alternative to human-navigated vehicles.
BGR Top Deals:
- This is one of Black Friday 2017’s best TV deals, and it’s already available now
- This little Alexa speaker is basically an Echo Dot, and it’s $20 today only
Trending Right Now:
- The best Black Friday 2017 sales you can shop online right now: Walmart, Best Buy, more
- Best Black Friday deals on Apple gear: iPhone, MacBooks, iPads, Beats and more
- The next iPhone X might finally do something no iPhone has ever done before
Uber just ordered 24,000 self-driving cars from Volvo originally appeared on BGR.com on Mon, 20 Nov 2017 at 16:10:25 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.