Uber Eats is getting rid of the flat delivery fee
Currently, your idle slothfulness that sees you pay someone to bring food to your door rather than walking six blocks has a very distinct price. Uber Eats charges $4.99 for delivery, whether your restaurant is one block away, or all the way across town.
But according to CNET, that's all about to change. The company is introducing a sliding-scale delivery fee that can range from $2 to $8, depending on how far away you are from the restaurant. It's a move that makes total sense, given that the $4.99 delivery fee was higher than most of Uber's competitors, and hopefully it will make ordering in a little more affordable.
BGR Top Deals:
- Fix the Nintendo Switch’s biggest problem with this simple $16 accessory
- Amazon has MacBook Pro and MacBook Air refurbs at deep discounts
Trending Right Now:
- ‘Ant-Man and the Wasp’ Easter egg could be a huge spoiler for ‘Avengers 4’
- Previously unseen ‘Captain Marvel’ Easter egg found in ‘Avengers: Infinity War’
- The little adapter that speeds up your Fire TV Stick is only $16 right now