Uber CEO says he wants ‘flying burgers’ to be a thing
Here's how ambitious Uber CEO Dara Khosrowshahi has gotten, ahead of the possibility that his ride-hailing company could IPO next year at a valuation of as much as $120 billion.
He's been talking up the idea of drone food delivery big time lately. It might sound like a flight of fancy (pardon the pun), but The Wall Street Journal recently spotted a since-pulled job listing that showed Uber is hunting for an executive to help launch just such a program. Internally, that drone food delivery effort is known as UberExpress, with the company hoping to get the drones airborne and operating as part of its existing UberEats side business in a few markets by 2021.
BGR Top Deals:
- This $80 smartwatch is better than the Apple Watch Series 4 in four key ways
- The car charger that’s so much more than just a car charger is only $15.99 today
Trending Right Now:
- The Galaxy S10 won’t have Samsung’s most revolutionary smartphone feature of 2019
- 5 paid iPhone apps you can download for free on October 23rd
- There might maybe possibly be life left on Mars after all, maybe
Uber CEO says he wants ‘flying burgers’ to be a thing originally appeared on BGR.com on Tue, 23 Oct 2018 at 22:05:28 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.