Twitter explains why it won’t ban Trump from its social network
Ever since Donald Trump was elected President of the United States in November 2016, there have been those who have called on Twitter to ban him from the social network. After a tweetstorm from Trump on Tuesday, which included a bizarre message about how big his "nuclear button" is, those calls reached a fever pitch. Although Twitter has spent the past year and change declining to comment, the company finally spoke out on Friday.
In a blog post titled "World Leaders on Twitter," the company acknowledges that there has been a great deal of talk regarding politicians and world leaders on its network. But today, after shutting out users for the entirety of the Trump presidency, Twitter has decided that now is the time to explain its point of view on the matter.
BGR Top Deals:
- There’s a way to have a Super NES Classic in your hands by next week
- Cowin’s excellent noise cancelling headphones are just $40 today on Amazon
Trending Right Now:
- Google just gave its fans a good reason not to buy a Pixel 2
- You definitely shouldn’t eat romaine lettuce for a while, unless you want E. coli
- Mother Nature is repairing the ozone layer mankind tried its best to destroy
Twitter explains why it won’t ban Trump from its social network originally appeared on BGR.com on Fri, 5 Jan 2018 at 17:33:56 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.