Trump slams EU’s Google fine just as his critics make him an ‘idiot’ on Google
The European Union hit Google with a new record fine earlier this week. The EU says Google has to pay $5 billion for abusing its dominant position in mobile, with the Android-related penalty being almost double the previous record find the EU levied. The recipient of that fine? Also Google.
Unsurprisingly, Donald Trump slammed the EU’s ruling, somehow tying the decision to his trade war against the Union. All the while, a different Google-and-Trump story gained prominence over the past few days, as people discovered that a search for “idiot” now delivers a large number of photos of the president. The two events, however, are not related.
BGR Top Deals:
- Amazon’s new Dyson cordless vacuum deal is so much better than anything we saw on Prime Day
- The wireless camera that lets your smartphone see anywhere is still down to its lowest price ever
Trending Right Now:
- ‘Avengers 4’ to resurrect one ‘Infinity War’ hero who doesn’t like to stay dead
- Forget the Galaxy Note 9, a different Android phone will try to steal you away from 2018 iPhones
- Just when you thought Galaxy S9 sales couldn’t get any worse, they did
Trump slams EU’s Google fine just as his critics make him an ‘idiot’ on Google originally appeared on BGR.com on Fri, 20 Jul 2018 at 06:50:37 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.