Top Apple insider sheds light on mythical Apple Car and future iPhone models
A new investor note from reputed analyst Ming-Chi Kuo (via MacRumors) sheds a lot of light on some of Apple's upcoming product plans. First and foremost, and not at all surprising, Kuo relays that Apple will rely on Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company (TSMC) exclusively for its forthcoming A13 and A14 processors on upcoming iPhone models. Again, this shouldn't come as much of a surprise to anyone given that Apple has been trying to distance itself from all things Samsung for quite a few years now.
What is somewhat surprising, and downright interesting, is Kuo's assertion that Apple may tap TSMC to manufacture ARM-based processors for the Mac as early as 2020. If this at all sounds familiar, it's because we've seen rumblings about this shift for quite some time now. Early last year, for example, a report surfaced claiming that Apple has a team of engineers solely tasked with designing ARM-based processors for upcoming Mac laptops.
BGR Top Deals:
- The 50-inch 4K TV with built-in Fire TV everyone loves is somehow back down to $349.99
- Our favorite smart lock now comes with exciting new features, and it’s finally in stock on Amazon
Trending Right Now:
- It looks like the first ‘Avengers 4’ trailer and title reveal might be coming soon
- Upgrade your phone and get unlimited data in one of T-Mobile’s best deals of 2018
- All the Huawei Mate 20 features you won’t find on other Android flagships right now
Top Apple insider sheds light on mythical Apple Car and future iPhone models originally appeared on BGR.com on Wed, 17 Oct 2018 at 20:30:05 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.