Apple's AirPods may have been mercilessly mocked early on, but it appears that Apple is clearly having the last laugh. Though the AirPods release last year was delayed by two months, and though initial supply was unable to meet demand, AirPods today continue to grow in popularity with each passing month. As a prime example, AirPods were incredibly popular on Cyber Monday last week, with Adobe categorizing the wireless earbuds as a "top seller."
Looking ahead, reputed analyst Ming-Chi Kuo anticipates that AirPods will continue to experience incredible growth. In 2018, Kuo believes that Apple will sell upwards of 28 million units, a figure which would effectively double AirPods sales year over year. Notably, Apple doesn't break out individualized sales figures for specific accessories, but estimates for 2017 sales are somewhere in the 13-14 million range.
BGR Top Deals:
- Today’s best deals: Best-selling soundbar, Philips Hue, Sonos speakers, Christmas lasers, more
- Amazon’s 2 best-selling Black Friday deals were just bundled together at a deep discount
Trending Right Now:
- The Galaxy S9 wants to be an even better desktop computer than its predecessor
- The iPhone X frenzy has only gotten worse since launch
- 10 best new movies and shows coming to Netflix in December
Top Apple insider says AirPods sales may double in 2018 originally appeared on BGR.com on Mon, 4 Dec 2017 at 19:34:32 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.