Top Apple insider claims that we won’t see an iPhone SE 2 any time soon
Without exaggeration, the iPhone 6 was nothing short of a game-changer for Apple. For years, Apple had resisted larger-screened phones, with executives claiming that such devices were unwieldy and difficult to use with one hand. In 2014, Apple finally decided to embrace the idea of gargantuan smartphones when it released the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus, two devices that proved to be incredibly popular with users. Indeed, Apple's iPhone 6 lineup ushered in the largest refresh cycle Apple has ever enjoyed.
All the same, not all iPhone users were on board with the iPhone 6. For many, the 4-inch form factor Apple first introduced with the iPhone 5 was preferable to the large screens offered up by Apple's iPhone 6 models. As a result, Apple in March of 2016 released the iPhone SE, a device that essentially packed all of the features of an iPhone 6S -- save for 3D Touch -- into a more compact 4-inch form factor.
BGR Top Deals:
- Today’s best deals: $21 off Nest, best-selling Crock-Pot for $35, All-new Fire TV, $64 soundbar, more
- Ultra-thin ‘TV Key’ gets you free live TV in HD without an ugly antenna on your window
Trending Right Now:
- Top Apple insider reveals details surrounding Apple’s brand new 6.1-inch iPhone
- Naked mole rats just threw science a huge curve ball, and it might lead to the Fountain of Youth
- New leak might’ve revealed Galaxy S9 pricing and release details
Top Apple insider claims that we won’t see an iPhone SE 2 any time soon originally appeared on BGR.com on Mon, 29 Jan 2018 at 14:36:12 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.