Tim Cook throws subtle jab at Spotify
Spotify may have had a multi-year head start on Apple Music, but Apple's music streaming service has impressively managed to make up a lot of ground in a relatively short amount of time. Last we heard, Spotify a few weeks back said that their service boasts 180 million cumulative users and 83 million paid subscribers. Apple Music, meanwhile, enjoys a base of 50 million paid subscribers. That's a seemingly wide gap, but Apple Music by all accounts appears to be growing at a faster clip, prompting some to speculate that it's only a matter of time before Apple Music eclipses Spotify.
With Apple and Spotify currently battling it out for the music streaming crown, Fast Company's Robert Safian over the past few months managed to get some face time with Spotify CEO Daniel Ek and delve into his thoughts regarding the state of the music streaming industry and much more. Further, Safian's profile on Ek provides us with an interesting look at how Spotify managed to become the influential behemoth it is today.
BGR Top Deals:
- The last keyboard you’ll ever buy is a $41 wireless keyboard that never needs to be charged
- This device can turn any TV into a giant touchscreen
Trending Right Now:
- Previously unseen ‘Captain Marvel’ Easter egg found in ‘Avengers: Infinity War’
- Samsung sure doesn’t seem confident the Galaxy Note 9 will be a hot seller
- There’s one more beloved Marvel character who did not die in ‘Infinity War’