The Arlo Pro and Arlo Pro 2 are far and away our favorite wire-free home security cameras. In fact, they might be our favorite home security cameras, period. There is one problem with them, however, and it’s the fact that they’re pretty expensive. If you love the idea of Arlo but you’re looking for a less expensive alternative, the Reolink Argus Wireless Battery-Powered Security Camera might be just what the doctor ordered. It supports 1080p resolution, two-way audio, night vision, and more. It’s also weather-proof so you can use it outside, and the batteries last for up to 180 days before needing to be replaced. At a price that's about half what you'd pay for an Arlo Pro or Pro 2, it's a solid option.
Here’s what you need to know from the product page:
- [100 % Wire-Free & Battery-Powered] No cords, no wiring & no installation needed --- easily place it anywhere guarding every corner. Reliable 2.4Ghz WiFi connection.
- [1080p Full HD & Excellent Night Vision] Enable you to see everything clearly day and night. See sharper and clearer images/videos than 720p security cameras.
- [Easy Setup & IP65 Weatherproof] Small, protable and also weathproof! Easily place Reolink Argus outdoors/indoors without worrying about the weather. Rain or shine, hot or cold, Reolink Argus never stops protecting you.
- [Smart PIR Motion Sensor] Highly sensitive and wide-angle sensor detects human movements, and offers real-time and accurate alerts (app push notifications, emails, siren etc). With Micro SD card slot (max 64GB supported).
- [Remote View & Two-Way Talk] The built-in mic & speaker allow you to view & listen to what’s going on at your home/business and talk back with just a touch! IF THERE ARE ANY PROBLEMS, PLS contact us via Amazon, we will get back to you within 24 hours.
BGR Top Deals:
- Today’s best deals: Nest Cam, $25 Alexa speaker, Bose, Sonos, 128GB microSD, Fitbit Ionic, more
- $40 device adds gigabit Ethernet to your house without having to install anything or run cables
Trending Right Now:
- Leak shows Galaxy S9 will be Samsung’s most powerful phone ever, but it’s still no iPhone X
- New Galaxy S9 leak shows a design that’s so much better than the Galaxy S8
- Samsung just launched a budget phone that brings good news for the Galaxy S9
This wire-free home security camera is almost as good as Arlo, but it costs half as much originally appeared on BGR.com on Wed, 20 Dec 2017 at 11:08:36 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.