While many new medical ventures like to hedge their impressive claims with warnings that sometimes things just don't work out, one startup is declaring that their product will do something with 100% certainty: kill you. Nectome is a tiny company trying to do something monumentally huge by preserving your brain in digital form with unprecedented accuracy. The only catch? Well, they kind of need your brain in order to do it, which means you're going to die.
As reported by MIT Technology Review, Nectome's mission is allow you to live beyond death, though that's where things start to get a little hazy. If all goes perfectly to plan, your brain, after being processed by the company during the procedure, will eventually awaken once more in a digital form. It won't really be you, technically, but it's still sort of you. Confused yet? We're just getting started.
BGR Top Deals:
- Your Roku Stick or Fire TV Stick will never buffer again with this $17 accessory
- Amazon has a $92 smartwatch with 45-day battery life that supports both iOS and Android
Trending Right Now:
- 5 things you need to know about Stephen Hawking, who died overnight at age 76
- Good lord, Android phone makers, please just stop
- Relive the time Stephen Hawking ruthlessly owned John Oliver
This startup wants to kill you and upload your consciousness to a computer, and people are already signing up originally appeared on BGR.com on Wed, 14 Mar 2018 at 14:27:22 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.