This sleek smart lock is the cheapest way to control your lock with Alexa
People often shy away from smart locks because they think there’s a complicated installation involved that they don’t want to deal with. That’s true with some models, but you should definitely check out the 3rd-Generation August Smart Lock. Even a novice can install it in about 10 minutes using only a screwdriver. And the best part is it only replaces the inside portion of your dead bolt, so you can still use the same key you’ve been using when you don’t use your smartphone to unlock your door. It's on sale for under $125 right now, which is the best price you'll find for a good Alexa enabled lock.
Here’s more info from the product page:
- Works with Alexa for voice control (hub required, Alexa device and hub sold separately). Requires 110-240V
- Secure, keyless entry for your smart home. Lock and unlock your door, control keyless access and keep track of who comes and goes, all from your phone.
- Keep your existing lock and keys. Easily attaches to your existing deadbolt, so everyone can still use their keys.
- Stop hiding keys under rocks. Send guest keys from anywhere instantly—all from the August app.
- Control access for anyone. Grant access for a few weeks, a few hours, a few minutes. It’s up to you.
- Be sure you are secure with DoorSense. Only August has DoorSenseTM to tell you the door is completely closed and locked. Requires ios (9.0 or higher) or Android (5.0 or higher) smartphones
- Locks automatically as you leave and unlocks when you arrive.
- Simple, DIY installation. Install in about 10 minutes with just a screwdriver.
BGR Top Deals:
- One of the coolest dash cams we’ve ever seen usually costs $110, but it’s on sale for $44
- These wireless over-ear noise cancelling headphones are way too good to be on sale for $43
Trending Right Now:
- ‘Avengers 4’ will bring back another beloved hero from the ashes of ‘Infinity War’
- The Galaxy S10 with 5G might cost a fortune
- A top macOS app is stealing users’ browsing history and sending it to China
This sleek smart lock is the cheapest way to control your lock with Alexa originally appeared on BGR.com on Fri, 7 Sep 2018 at 16:54:32 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.