Confide is a chat app available for iPhone, Android, PC, and Mac that’s as private as they get. It features end-to-end encryption like iMessage, WhatsApp, and others, but also ephemeral messages, like Snapchat. On top of that, the developers are blocking screenshots on all platforms, including Android, Mac, PC — and now iOS.
What’s more interesting, however, is that Confide devs have created a patent-pending technology, called ScreenShield, which identifies when screenshots are being taken on an iPhone or iPad and blocks them entirely, and the trick could be made to work in any app.
BGR Top Deals:
- Today’s top deals: $12 Alexa smart bulb, Nest Thermostat, Sony soundbar, perfect egg cooker, more
- 8 paid iPhone apps on sale for free right now
Trending Right Now:
- Another new feature was just confirmed for the Galaxy S9
- Researchers discover bizarre ‘Hypatia’ stone is made from material not found in our Solar System
- This iPhone X deal is too good to turn down, T-Mobile customer or not
This secretive iPhone chat app worked out how to block screenshots originally appeared on BGR.com on Thu, 11 Jan 2018 at 19:22:31 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.