This patent from Nintendo could turn your smartphone into a working Game Boy
Nintendo for the longest time was famously reluctant to enter the mobile gaming space, preferring to release content on its own hardware before finally taking the plunge in 2016. That's when the Big N first started bringing its titles to iOS and Android devices, and popular experiments like Super Mario Run quickly followed.
Now, according to a patent Nintendo filed in March, the company may be working on a new way to co-opt smartphones even more and stoke a bit of nostalgia at the same time. The company has apparently looked at producing a Game Boy-like case that would turn your mobile device into a working version of the classic handheld console, complete with D-pad, buttons, the whole thing.
BGR Top Deals:
- This $18 color smart LED bulb works with Alexa and Google, just like Philips Hue’s $50 bulb
- This weatherproof home security camera somehow has 2-year battery life
Trending Right Now:
- Best Buy’s latest Samsung deal gives you a free TV when you buy a Galaxy Note 9
- By the end of the year, Apple thinks 60% of US stores will accept Apple Pay
- One of our favorite Avengers teases a tragic end for ‘Avengers 4’
This patent from Nintendo could turn your smartphone into a working Game Boy originally appeared on BGR.com on Sat, 6 Oct 2018 at 11:58:03 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.